The13th Congress of the European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics will take place in 2016 at the University of Porto, Portugal.
EurSAFE 2016 is a forum for discussion of ethical issues around food, including production, consumption, marketing, policy and health. The future perspective and the utopian tradition as a driving force and inspiration for changes in society are central to the congress. However, general contributions to agricultural, animal and food ethics are also welcome.
Much like how a shared meal strengthens social connections, the topic of food also bridges different academic disciplines. The 2016 EurSAFE congress welcomes proposals related to any aspect of food ethics and from scholars in all fields of research. In particular, the organizing committee aims to organize sessions focusing on:
- sustainability and environmental aspects of food production;
- animal welfare and animal ethics;
- ethics in nutrition and food policy;
- critical perspectives on the way food relates to the human experience, and the stories it tells of migration, assimilation, resistance and social dynamics;
- utopian holistic prospective scenarios;
- ways to combat food waste;
You are welcome to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. We welcome contributions on these topics as well as general topics on food, animal and agricultural ethics from a range of fields. We are also open to the organization of workshops, as satellites as well as within the congress – please contact the Organizing Committee to that effect.
Please click the followng link to check more details on the offical website of EurSafe: http://www.ibmc.up.pt/eursafe2016/